Senior Property Manager
Posted In: Property Management
About The Job
- Oversee the day-to-day management of a First Class office property, common area and parking facilities.
- Supervision and development of office and operations staff through providing clear direction and guidance
- Maintain relations with Senior Executive by providing excellent management service through knowledge, practice and personal contact.
- Budgetary responsibility for revenue and expenses including the analysis of quarterly financial statements for inclusion in management reports; and, ensuring that tenant billings and year-end adjustments are accurate and conform to tenant leases.
- Preparation of annual operating budget
- Oversee the accounts receivable function including collections
- Fiscal responsibility for capital projects, including the tendering process for the building and leasehold improvements, in conjunction with the Senior Director.
- Liaise with the Leasing Department to ensure that budgeted leasing projections are obtained and supported by Property Management.
- Ensure superior tenant relations are maintained through personal contact, development of tenant retention plans, first-rate customer service and conducting annual tenant surveys
- Manage the efficient operation of the building, including ensuring compliance with government regulations, achievement of maintenance/life safety standards and sourcing new methods to operate while reducing maintenance and/or operating costs
- Conduct consistent and regular property inspections to ensure a high standard of operations and appearance at all times.
- Take ownership for the application process for entering the property for consideration of awards by leading industry organizations such as BOMA and LEED for sustainability and green initiatives.
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to ensure the efficient operation of the property including compliance with government regulations; achievement of life safety/maintenance standards; and, source and implement innovative operational strategies while reducing costs.
- Work closely with the Operations Management Team to tender service and maintenance contracts periodically to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies
- Work alongside the Operations Management Team to implement and monitor an effective property management and building maintenance program.
- 10+ years of progressive commercial property management experience specifically with commercial office portfolios
- Demonstrated success in managing teams of employees directly with excellent motivational and people management skills;
- Completion of a post-secondary degree;
- Attainment of a property management designation;
- Solid understanding of leases
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario);
- Highly adept at building strong, professional relationships at all levels;
- Above average communication skills – both written and oral;
- Effective negotiation skills to influence and impact at all levels – senior management, peers, direct and indirect reports;
- Highly capable of taking initiative and making recommendations;
- Superior ability to handle multiple demands, cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results on target; and
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook; working knowledge of Angus Work Order and JDE EnterpriseOne would be an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #2019-154.
We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.