Senior Operations Manager, Suburban Office, Industrial & Retail Portfolio
Posted In: Property Management
About The Job
- Participate with construction disciplines, internal and external in reviewing scopes of work and design parameters.
- Review tender documentation and bid analyses.
- Monitor the performance of trades and contractors on a regular basis.
- Review and monitor reporting on the operation, maintenance and repair of mechanical equipment to meet performance standards and budgetary constraints.
- Monitor contract specifications and scopes of work regularly.
- Manage tenant and landlord space buildouts effectively.
- Act as the operational lead in ensuring environmental sustainability objectives are met.
- Prepare, monitor and report on the operations budget.
- Conduct final review of quotes for work to be performed.
- Prepare annual capital and major mechanical repairs plans and recommendations.
- Provide regular reporting to senior management on building operations, sustainability, projects and budgets.
- Review and approve operational and emergency procedure manuals.
- Set performance goals for the operations team on an annual basis and conduct reviews.
- Conduct operations management meetings.
- Review and approve overtime and ensure scheduling procedures meet business requirements.
- Take the lead in the recruitment process for operational staff.
- Set performance standards for preventative maintenance of systems.
- Monitor and enhance procedures to ensure first-class customer service standards of response are met.
- Facilitate and coordinate on-going, open communications with tenants through regular meetings to ensure standards of service are being met.
- Incorporate new technologies and analyze operational data to ensure best practices may be implemented.
- Address health, safety and environmental concerns that affect staff, tenants and the public.
- Ensure that work is conducted in a safe manner and adhere to the Company’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- 10+ years of experience in Physical Operations management in the commercial real estate sector.
- 5+ years of experience with LEED certified properties.
- 5+ years of management experience, preferably in a mixed-use environment.
- Thorough, hands-on working knowledge of and experience with boilers, chillers, cooling towers, refrigeration, pumps, fans, motors, elevators, escalators, HVAC control systems, emergency generators, pneumatic and digital control systems, high/low voltage systems, primary / secondary transformers, lighting and power systems, telecommunications systems, domestic hot/cold water systems, heating and hot water tanks, waste systems, pipe heating, chilled water, sprinkler risers, sprinkler distribution and washroom facilities.
- Completion of post-secondary education.
- Certified Engineering Technician/Technologist or Certified Energy Management designation.
- Enrollment/completion of the FMA or RPA program.
- Completion of the BES I and II diploma.
- Solid working knowledge of the OHSA.
- Completion of WHMIS, Lock-out/Tag-Out, Working at Heights training.
- Completion of First Aid training.
- Thorough working knowledge of the Electrical Code, Plumbing Code, TSSA, Fire Code and Building Code.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with co-workers, tenants and the public.
- Ability to write technical specifications and contract documents.
- Able to manage staff professionally, effectively and through leading by example.
- Flexibility to work in an environment where the need to respond to emergencies on a 24/7 basis is a given.
- Highly motivated to take initiative.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #2019-151.
We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.