Project Manager, Tenant Coordination
Posted In: ICI
About The Job
The primary purpose of the role is to provide technical support to the Leasing Department during tenant lease negotiations and then to coordinate the tenant fit-out process in accordance with the Landlord’s lease requirements for Office and Retail tenants with space requirements ranging from 10,000 to 400,000 SF in large, commercial developments. This role will be situated at Head Office and sites in the Downtown Core.
- Provide support to the Leasing Department in the pursuit of prospective tenants, the preparation of responses to tenants’ requests for proposal, review of Landlord/Tenant work and lease negotiations.
- Act as the Landlord’s main point of contact with tenants, once committed.
- Liaise with tenants performing their own improvements, including:
- Coordinate Tenant requirements with Base Building design and construction;
- Monitor execution of work in the field to ensure adherence to lease and quality control standards;
- Ensure proper commission of the work is carried out and deficiencies are repaired.
- Where the lease requires the Landlord to carry out the tenant fit-out in a Turnkey arrangement, manage the budgeting, design, tendering and construction of tenant improvements and handover of completed space to the tenant, including:
- Manage the RFP and evaluation process for the design team, make recommendations on proponents and participate in the selection process;
- Manage the RFP and evaluation process for the selection of a general contractor or direct to sub-trades when applicable, make recommendations on proponents and participate in contract negotiations;
- Manage applications for and expedite the issuance of municipal permits required;
- Make recommendations where various technical and cost options are available;
- Manage commissioning of the completed tenant fit-out and turnover to the Tenant and Property Management;
- Manage the preparation of deficiency lists and correction of the deficient work;
- Ensure LEEDS certification is met when applicable.
- Coordinate move-ins with the Tenant and Property Management.
- Collect and approve record documentation of as-built conditions.
- Coordinate the transition and handover of lease administration to the Property Management Division.
- Determine requirements and make recommendations for administrative resources in order to deliver on expectations.
- 5+ years of progressive experience in the project management field in the commercial tenant fit-up construction industry
- Completion of a university degree or college diploma in a related, technical field of study
- Completion of courses in project management and/or PMP designation
- Working knowledge of LEED certification requirements
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to contribute in a fast-paced, deadline-driven team environment
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #2020-322.
We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.