Property Manager, Retail
Posted In: Property Management
About The Job
- Ensure the property is managed in accordance with the approved business plans and within operating/capital budgets.
- Work closely with the Leasing Department to manage the process for all new tenant space turnovers, move-ins and build-outs and review budgeted leasing projections to ensure expenses are allocated accurately.
- Provide direction to on-site staff and liaise with the Accounting Department to manage the accurate and timely processing of operating and tax expenses for the property.
- Prepare and manage annual operating budgets including revenue and expense control, capital plans and report on variances.
- Prepare various consolidated reports, e.g. annual budgets, monthly reports, quarterly reports, year-end adjustments, variance reports and operating cost reconciliation billings.
- Review tenant billings and year-end adjustments for accuracy and conformity with lease stipulations.
- Oversee A/R and ensure all rent cheques are received as per lease obligations.
- Approve and receipt purchase orders based on pre-determined thresholds.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with tenants, with the goal of providing superior tenant relations interactions, both personally and through the on-site team.
- Oversee responses to after-hours tenant emergency requests to ensure the quality of service provided.
- Work closely with the General Manager and Head Office to anticipate and respond to the requirements of Owners/Stakeholders.
- Oversee the coordination of all tenant work to ensure compliance with building standards, including the final inspection of work.
- Take ownership for the application process for entering the property for consideration of awards by leading industry organizations such as BOMA and LEED for sustainability and green initiatives.
- Work alongside the Operations Manager to ensure the efficient operation of the property including compliance with government regulations; achievement of life safety/maintenance standards; and, source and implement innovative operational strategies while reducing costs.
- Work closely with the Operations Management Team to tender service and maintenance contracts periodically to ensure compliance with the Company’s policies.
- Work alongside the Operations Management Team to implement and monitor an effective property management and building maintenance program.
- Oversee the collection and review of tenant insurance certificates to ensure coverage complies with lease requirements.
- Assist in the development and implementation of strategies and marketing initiatives for increasing sales performance and maximizing revenue.
- Provide direction and support to direct and indirect reports to ensure the timely achievement of financial and customer service goals within prescribed policies, procedures and standard business practices.
- 7-10 years of progressive work experience in the commercial office and retail settings;
- 3-5 years of direct retail management experience;
- Demonstrated success in managing teams of employees directly with excellent motivational and people management skills;
- Completion of a post-secondary degree;
- Attainment of a property management designation (i.e. RPA or Shopping Centers Managers Course);
- Strong understanding of tenant leases;
- Working knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario);
- Highly adept at building strong, professional relationships at all levels;
- Above average communication skills – both written and oral;
- Effective negotiation skills to influence and impact at all levels – senior management, peers, direct and indirect reports;
- Highly capable of taking initiative and making recommendations;
- Superior ability to handle multiple demands, cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results on target; and
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook; working knowledge of Angus Work Order and JDE EnterpriseOne would be an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #2018-159.
We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.