Law Clerk, Commercial Leasing
Posted In: ICI
About The Job
The primary purpose of the role is to draft, negotiate and administer assigned commercial lease documentation, ensuring the Company’s objectives are clearly communicated and carried out.
- Draft and negotiate offers to lease, leases, renewals, amendments, notices of offer, deal summaries, partner approval forms and related documents, working closely with the Leasing Department.
- Negotiate consents, estoppels, sub-ordination, non-disturbance, relocation, reciprocal operating and restrictive covenant agreements.
- Review leases and leasing agreements and conduct analyses of documents.
- Due diligence.
- Preparation and coordination of tracking and reporting systems for large leasing portfolios.
- Coordination to obtain budget pricing for work to be completed, in collaboration with Construction group and tracking progress to ensure schedules have been met.
- Communicate and correspond with tenants, brokers, agents, clients, lenders, limited partners and service providers.
- Conduct searches, including construction lien and title searches.
- Maintain accurate records of square footage of properties and arrange for measurements as required.
- Follow-up and research leasing and landlord/tenant issues arising from lease agreements and draft appropriate correspondence.
- 7+ years of progressive experience as a real estate law clerk and/or paralegal with experience in analyzing, draft and negotiating lease related documentation
- In-depth understanding of Commercial Leasing and Real Estate Law
- Completion of the Institute of Law Clerk of Ontario Law Clerk Program and/or Paralegal Certification
- Highly adept at building strong, professional relationships at all levels
- Superior communication skills – both written and oral
- Highly capable of taking initiative and making recommendations
- Superior ability to handle multiple demands
- High level of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook; working knowledge of JDE EnterpriseOne would be an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #2019-152.
We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.