Property Manager, Industrial & Retail
Posted In: ICI
About The Job
- Oversee the day-to-day management of a portfolio of approximately 1 million +/- square feet of industrial/retail product across the GTA including staff and contractor supervision, tendering of operating contracts and preparation of annual operating and capital budgets;
- Supervise and provide leadership to your team to ensure tenant and senior management satisfaction;
- Ensure all aspects of tenant lease administration, rent collection and day to day administrative operations are maintained and executed on a timely basis;
- Manage building revenues and expenses including preparing and operating within an approved budget; preparing monthly/quarterly financial statements for inclusion in management reports; ensuring tenant billings, year-end adjustments are correct and conform to lease;
- Establish programs for the care and maintenance of all buildings & equipment to ensure buildings are maintained at the highest level of care. Prepare a 5 year capital plan for assigned portfolio;
- Conduct regular tenant premise inspections and coordinate tenant move in/out inspections using appropriate company forms;
- Liaise with the Leasing Department regarding all vacant units including coordination and supervision of landlord work and tenant improvement projects;
- Ensure superior tenant relations are maintained through personal contact, development of tenant retention plans and first-rate customer service;
- Ensuring all buildings comply with government regulations and maintain life safety standards; and
- Conduct consistent and regular property and tenant inspections to ensure routine maintenance carried out as contracted and to quickly identify repairs or work required. Conduct routine site inspections to ensure that the physical aspects of the property are within the company standards regarding the market ready units, grounds, curb appeal, risk management/safety requirements, cleanliness, and general appearance and implement corrective measures as necessary.
- 7+ years of commercial property management experience with industrial/retail portfolios;
- Completion of a post-secondary degree;
- Attainment of a property management designation;
- Familiarity with the Occupational Health & Safety Act (Ontario);
- Highly adept at building strong, professional relationships at all levels;
- Above average communication skills – both written and oral;
- Highly capable of taking initiative and making recommendations;
- Superior ability to handle multiple demands, cope with changing client needs and deliver successful results on target;
- High level of proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook; and
- Hands-on experience working with Angus Work Order and JDE EnterpriseOne would be preferred.
- RPA designation is an asset.
We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to work with an industry leader!
To apply, please forward your resume to email@example.com and in the subject line please include the name of the position and quote Ref #2019-184.
We thank all applicants for considering Menkes Developments Ltd. as an Employer of Choice, however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.